LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using C function bioscom() function for Serial Communication.Getting Undefined Symbol Error.

I want to build a DLL using Labview CVI.I have using bioscom() function for serial communication.I get Undefined Symbol Error while compiling.How to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,120 Views)
Im not sure whether this is a function actaully provided by CVI. If this is a third party dll call, make sure you are adding the import library ( .lib file ) to the CVI project that is building the dll.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,120 Views)
Hi,

I belive Bilal is right, bioscom() is not a CVI or ANSI C function; you may want to consider CVI's built in libraries for serial communication. There are a bunch of examples on that and if you have CVI 7.0 you can use the Instrument IO assistant that can help you generate code for the communication and parsing.

You can find some example on serial communication at:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\CVI70\samples\rs232
or you can to http://www.ni.com/examples select CVI and serach for serial.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Juan Carlos
N.I.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,120 Views)
Thanks for the reply.The function bioscom() is found in BIOS.h header file in ANSI C.Now I have replaced that with ComWrtByte() function .

Thanks & Regards
Venkat
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,120 Views)
Thanks for the reply.The function bioscom() is found in BIOS.h header file in ANSI C.Now I have replaced that with ComWrtByte() function .

Thanks & Regards
Venkat
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,120 Views)