LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User .fp files added to Library Auto Load list gives warning

When using the Library Options to add auto load a function panel I get the following warning next time I load CVI

"Warning cannoy load program file for library"
Library 'WKSDK'
Function Panel file 'C:\.........'

Can anybody shed any light on why i get this error ?

Andy Cooper
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,627 Views)
Hello

Are you able to load that library normally( with out the autoload)? Also make sure that the library linked with the fp is in the same folder as the fp file. If you go to the project window >> Instrument >> Edit, you can click on "Show Window" to give you information about the object files liked with a loaded fp.
All the files must have the same name as the .fp file because CVI automatically looks for files of the same name with a .c /.obj/.lib extension when you try to associate the source with the .fp. Also make sure that the source file is in the same directory as the fp file and then choose the Reattach option from the "Edit" window.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,627 Views)
The .fp file loads normally

The file is called wksdk.fp, which references API functions in a dll called wksys.dll. they are currently in different directories. I don't want any source associated with the .fp file due to it describing API routines that the end user will not have access to source code.

I attempted to rename the wksys.dll to WKSDK.dll and place them in the same directory. I still get the same warning come up.

Incidentally i'm still using CVI 6
Andy Cooper
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,627 Views)
Hello

I believe it is not necessary to have the dll in the same folder, just the lib or obj file that the fp will need to link. And also have the fp in a located is the list of paths where cvi can automatically find instrument panels. You can specify the paths to instrument directories by going to the project window >> Options >> Instrument directories

You might also want to check that when you do auto-load the function, whether the fp is still linked to the lib file.

Check out pg 164 of 304 of hte CVI Users manual for more details

Bilal
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,627 Views)