From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalling Measurement Automantion (Conflict with Agilent IO Connection Expert)

I am in the process of transfering my NI CVI development SW to another computer.  As apart of the instructions, I uninstalled CVI from my old computer and then installed it on my new computer.  For the most part it works, but I can not communicate via GPIB any more. As apart of the installation, it also installed NI MAX (which I did not do on my old computer)  I think it might have something to do w/ NI Measurement Automation (NI MAX) getting installed. I use Agilent IO as the comms library for all my software.  I went to uninstall NI MAX but there seems to not be an individual uninstallation icon for it.  Is there away to either disable NI MAX or uninstall it only without uninstalling the whole CVI installation? 

thankyou

Phll Spratt - Agilent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,128 Views)

Having both NI-MAX and Agilent IO Control installed simultaneously is not an issue.

I had both installed on a work laptop.

You just need to configure your PC to use Agilent VISA as primary.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,108 Views)