LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save user interface resource file... (Out of memory)

Hi,

When I try to save my project I receive a pop-up message. Why this pop-up message appears?

I post a photo.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,122 Views)

Hello,

Can you send the uir file so we could have a look on it? If not can you try isolate the problem to see which part is causing the error - start deleting controls and see which control caused the error.

Which version of LabWindows/CVI are you using?

When did the error first happen? When you edited the uir or when you first opened the uir? Did that uir work before?

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,069 Views)

Hi,

How can I send you the uir?

I'm using Labwindows CVI 2013, but i'm thinking on change it to a newest version.

When I try to save the changes that I do, changes like add some control. Yes, the uir works before, but I don't know where's the problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,885 Views)

Hello,

If you don't want to post the file on the forum you can upload it to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming

Then let me know what the name of the file is and I'll take it from there

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,873 Views)

Hello,

The name is "MultistationV5.uir".

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,853 Views)

Hello,

I've tried your *uir in CVI 2013 and saving didn't give me the error when I didn't have any project open. Your uir is quite big and if you have also a relatively big project you could run out of memory. If I open a copy of your uir I get the "Out of memory" message at open. I suggest you should try the following:

• Split your *uir in multiple files and don't have many files open in CVI environment in the same time
  • Reduce the size of the uir. For example if you have a big image used by multiple controls load the image in the controls at run-time(using GetBitmapFromFile and SetCtrlBitmap)
  • Disabling browse info(Options>>Environment>>Generate browse information policy) will reduce the memory consumption

Constantin

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,844 Views)