LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-4065 SFP driver version 2.9 not work in Vista Premium

Hello, I have the same issue actually on my laptop computer and saw in desktop too., where Im running Windows 7., I tried different versions of the drivers (from 2.9.0 which I found more stable, and latest too). I fixed the issue on my desktop computer but still having some issues on my latop. yesterday I removed the driver (2.9.0) and re-installed again, the USB-4065 was detected and worked fine., Today when I just tuned my laptop ON and plugged the same DMM, USB DMM loader is displayed but not USB-4065 device. It seems to me, something is still wrong when Windows Vista or 7 are being utilized. I saw this is an old posted issue., is there a solution actually?

Regards

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(1,381 Views)

Hello Javier,

If you're using Windows 7, I would recommend using NI-DMM 3.0.2 or later*, since NI-DMM 2.9.0 is not officially supported in Windows 7.  Note that NI-DMM 3.0.2 doesn't support venerable LV7.1... but since LV7.1 isn't officially supported in Windows 7, I'll assume for now that you're using some later version.

*Of course, I recommend using the latest version: 3.0.6 as of 03/15/2013.

I'm curious how you 'fixed the issue on [your] desktop'?  Are you using a newer driver? 

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(1,360 Views)

Hello Javier, 

I do not know of customers experiencing this issue with newer versions of the driver. Have you tried with version 3.0.6, found here?

Maggie
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(1,359 Views)

Hello, sorry, I was out of this since I had been working on another computer for a while, but, today I tried to use the same computer were the problem appeared long time ago and I'm still unable to use it. I have Labview 8.6 installed, TestStand 2012, and today I removed the DMM driver and installed dirver version 3.0.6., (of course removed the previous one first). After installation, I pluged one of the DMM's I have and Windows (7) poped up a message saying new hardware detected and driver installing process. What I know is two processes must be completed here. One is the installation of the DMM Loader (which is happening) but the other one is the missing part (NI-4065 device installation). That is not happening casing this problem.

Any news on this issue? I can't solve for this particular computer yet

Thanks

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 33
(1,317 Views)

Hi Javier, 

Have you checked the Windows Device Manager to see if the device shows up there? If it is, tell it to update the driver following the steps in this KnowledgeBase article.

Are you getting any errors, or does the device just now show up in MAX? 

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(1,296 Views)

Hi, let me tell you what is happening,. if I remove the device then plugged in again, driver software installation message appears. Then, only USB-DMM Loader is intalled (not the NI-4065).

On the Device manager, I can see only USB-DMM Loader. Also, in MAX I can only see USB-DMM Loader. I'm using a USB Hub, (I already used this HUB in my laptop and no problems

found when NI Devices are connected thru it), anyway, I will connect the DMM directly to the USB port in the desktop computer to confirm USB hub is not the issue.

I tried to update the driver from Hardware Manager but Windows is saying Im using the latest available.

Thanks

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(1,292 Views)

I'm adding an attachment of the Device Manager and MAX for you to see what I was explaining.

Regards

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(1,297 Views)

Hi Javier,

Have you tried checking to see if the NI Device Loader service is running. If it stopped for some reason, your hardware may not be recognized by its NI name. Here is a KB that discusses how to fix this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2E02F8EC5D0197928625758C005FFD8D?OpenDocument

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(1,285 Views)

Hi Erik

I verified the service and it is running, setup is right as you are recommending to have.

i plugged the DMM also to the USB ports (directly) into my desktop, but same results, only USB-DMM Loader detected.

Thanks

Javier

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,283 Views)

Hi Javier, 

Can you please create a MAX Technical Report and attach it to this thread? I want to take a look at all of the NI software and hardware on your system to see if there is anything that could be interfering with detecting your DMM. To create a MAX Technical Report, follow the steps in this KnowledgeBase Article

Best Regards,

Thomas B.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,260 Views)