LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-4065 SFP driver version 2.9 not work in Vista Premium

Hello,

I installed the driver for USB4065 DMM. I rebooted the computer. When I plugged in the DMM the computer recognized it and installed the drivers and said "installation successful". 

However, I can not use USB4065 DMM on my Vista laptop. I tried three different things:

1.   When I run the Soft Front Panel (SFP) it displays  ERROR: -1074118650

2.   When I run installed .exe programs (which used to work with DMM) they no longer run. A popup message says "MyProgramABC has stopped working".

3.   When I run CVI 8.5.1 code (which uses DMM) in debug mode I get a popup window saying:

"FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR

Unknown source position, thread id 0x00001414

A non debuggable thread caused a General Protection Fault at address 773334FD".

When DMM is connected to laptop Device Manager:

1.    it specifies driver at location: c\windows\system32\DRIVERS\nisldkw.sys 

2.    it specifies "Value" as "USB-DMM Loader"

3.   and that "This device is working properly".

The question is Why is my DMM not working?

I have uninstalled  and reinstalled the drivers and still have the same problem.

Thank you,

Robert 

I

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 33
(5,308 Views)

Hey Robert,

Has this ever worked, or is this a new install?  When you run a self test in MAX, does the device pass or does it return an error?

Error -1074118650 can be returned when the F1 fuse connected to the isolated side has been blown and needs to be sent in for an RMA.  If you have another NI DMM, try swapping it to see if this is a hardware or a software issue.  You could also try placing the card in another Vista machine to verify the software installation.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 33
(5,275 Views)

Hello John,

The USB-4065 DMM works on another laptop which has WinXP. But on Win Vista it is not recognised therefore self-test can not be done.

Robert M

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 33
(5,258 Views)

Hey Robert,

I'd like to see if you're having this issue on another Vista machine.  The USB-4065 is supported in Vista, so the fact that the device fails to work properly is more than likely a driver installation issue.  Checking with another Vista machine would quickly verify/repute this.  Also, something as simple as trying another USB port will force Vista to reload the driver, which might get you up and running.  If this isn't successful, please reply with the specifics of your machine (processor type, version of Vista (x86, 64), etc) and I will verify that configuration functions properly.

Message Edited by Knights Who Say NI on 10-30-2008 06:04 PM
-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 33
(5,227 Views)

Hello John,

When I insert the USB-4065 DMM into the computer, a popup message said
"Installing Device Driver Software". After about 15sec. there was another
NI popped up at the bottom right side of task bar which said
"USB-DMM Loader, Device driver software installed successfully."

But when I run the DMM SFP, the NI-DMM SFP popup says "NI-DMM Soft Front
Panel did not detect any NI-DMM instrument in the system. .....".

I re-scanned the system for hardware from the popup panel but another
NI-DMM SFP popup displayed "Error:-1074118656 ....". Also, the green light
on USB-DMM did not come on indicating DMM is not recognized. Also, the USB-DMM
is not listed in MAX.

However, NI Data Aquisition Devices in Device Manager recognizes the DMM as
"USB-DMM Loader". When I remove the DMM from the USB port, it disappears from
NI Data Acquisition Devices. When I reinsert the DMM into the USB port it reappears.

I have 4 USB ports on this Laptop computer. All behave the same way. I know the
ports are OK because when I run USB-5133 scope SFP all the 4 ports work.

The specification of my Laptop is:
Acer Extensa 4620z running Win Vista Premium, Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 at 1.46GHz,
Memory=2Gig. USB-4065 DMM SFP version=2.9.0

I hope this information would help isolate the cause of my problem.
Thank you.

Robert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 33
(5,204 Views)

Hey Robert,

I'm going to look into this and see what I can find.  Sorry this isn't working properly at the moment; hopefully I can reproduce and isolate this issue.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 33
(5,172 Views)

Hey Robert,

I did some preliminary testing today and didn't run into any issues.  I'm going to set up Vista on an Acer machine and see if this is specific to the machine firmware.  In the meantime, if you have Vista on another machine, can I get you to verify operation of the DMM?  Do you have multiple versions of LabVIEW installed on the Acer machine?  Any information you can provide will be very helpful.  Trying on another Vista machine will be very helpful in tracking down the issue.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 33
(5,160 Views)

Hello John,

I do not have multiple Labviews on the machine because I do not have Labview at all installed on the computer. I only have one version of LabWindows/CVI version 8.5.1 installed. Also, I can not try it on other vista machines because I only have one Vista machine which is this Laptop. My other machines (3 of them) have WinXP Pro and both USB-4065 DMM SFP and USB-5133 Scope SFP run without any problems.

Robert  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 33
(5,148 Views)

Hey Robert,

Can you post your specific machine information, available at: Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System information, then File >> export?  This will be useful to see what exactly the issue is with the DMM.  Also, is your machine running Vista x86 or Vista 64?  Thanks for hanging in there while we narrow down this issue!

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 33
(5,136 Views)

Hello John,

Here is the system info you requested.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 33
(5,083 Views)