From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI localization issue

Solved!
Go to solution

I've just notice a strange thing related to UI localization (CVI 2012 SP1).

• with a text string control, if I change the character set to GB2312 and I paste a string, I properly see it with Chinese fonts
  • if I do the same with a ring (adding a new item), I don't see Chinese fonts (see attached)

is this an expected behavior? or a bug?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,663 Views)

Hi Vix,

unfortunally don't support unicode in this type of control. There is a Corrective Action Request for your LabView versione: CAR 366041. You can verify if in new version of LabView (next year) this CAR will be fixed!

Mario

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,629 Views)

Hi Mario,

in your reply you wrote "LabVIEW" but my problem is with CVI Smiley Wink

Where I can verify the status of the CAR 366041?

I don't find it in CVI 2012 Known issues

Vix
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vix

Hi Vix,

There is a known bug that can cause the paste to not work correctly. The bug id is 382556, but I don't think it has been added to the known issues list yet. The bug was introduced in version 2009 and is fixed in the version that is about to release.

The workaround is for you to not only change the character set of the Text Style font but to also change the character set of the Label font to Chinese:

charset.png

Even though you don't really need to enter Chinese text into the control label, because of this bug you need to set its character set to Chinese if you want to paste Chinese text in the Edit Label/Value Pairs dialog.

Luis

Message 4 of 4
(3,592 Views)