LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble compiling in "release64/debug64" configuration

Hello,

A few months back I wrote a code in LabWindows/CVI to generate a DLL that then I open with Matlab. I had 32-bit version as my OS. Everything was OK I was happy with it. Recently I had to switch to 64-bit OS because of physical memory problems. I updated Matlab to 64-bit and I installed a more recent version of LabVIEW (togerther with LabWindows/CVI) 2013 Fall release, which is still 32-bit.

Now in this configuration, I cannot generate the DLL from my LabWindows/CVI code. I am using the "release64" (or "debug64") modality but I get this error message "Library Load Error": the list of errors include for example "Cannot find 64-bit program file for library 'NIIMAQdx'." and many others together with this one. In my code I am actually using this library (NI-IMAQdx) in fact I cannot compile the code.

What can I do? Is it just a problem of 64-bit version libraries? Is there a way to have support for 64-bit version libraries? How can I create my DLL if there is no support for such libraries in the 64-bit version OS? Is the latest version of LabWindows/CVI based on 32-bit or 64-bit processor? Does this make any difference?

In advance, thanks very much,

Nicolino

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,764 Views)

Which version of  NI-DAQMX did you install ? 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6910/en/ says:

NI-DAQmx added support for 64-bit user mode in NI-DAQmx 8.9 (ANSI C) and NI-DAQmx 8.9.5 (ANSI C, LabVIEW 2009, and .NET Framework 3.5). This now allows for 64-bit application development on 64-bit operating systems when developing in a 64-bit Application Development Environment (ADE).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,744 Views)

In this file "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\readme.html" I found that the version of NI-DAQmx I have installed is 9.7.5. Do you think this version is not suitale for my problem?

Sorry for my silly questions, I am quite new with LabVIEW products: how are NI-DAQmx and NI-IMAQdx library related? And also, I have installed the LabVIEW package (including LabWindows/CVI) in 32-bit version... Can this be a probelm? Should I install the 64-bit version or this is not related to the version of certain libraries which I need (such as NI-IMAQdx and NI-vision)?

Thanks a lot again,

Nicolino

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,733 Views)

Sorry thats my fault . I read NIDAQMX instead of NIIMAQMX

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,729 Views)

Hi there,

Looking at this helpfile, you'll need to install the 64-bit version support of your NI software to get this DLL to work in a 64-bit environment: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051V-01/cvi/programmerref/creating_dlls/

"Note  You can load 32- and 64-bit DLLs only into processes with the same bitness. For example, you can load a 32-bit DLL into a 32-bit process. You cannot load a 32-bit DLL into a 64-bit process, and vice versa."

I believeNI-IMAQdx 3.7 has 64-bit support and NI-IMAQ 4.5 and up has support for 64-bit. CVI 2012 is 64-bit compatible too.

I hope this information helps

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,719 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the answer... I downloaded and installed the latest verison on LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI for 64-bit version OS, together with the latest drivers. So I now have the latest NI-IMAQdx drivers. But still I have exactly the same problem with creating my DLL: "Library Load Error" is always there for exactly the same libraries. In particular, I am using NI-IMAQdx and NI-vision, which apparently are not supported for 64-bit version.

From another forum, I found the 64-bit version for NIIMAQdx.lib and with this "unsupported" version of the library I solved part of my problems. Still, I have not found a NIvision.lib library 64-bit version available on line.

Do you know if there is a version available (even if not supported)? Can I replace that with something similar (even if that would mean to change my code)?

Thanks very much,

Nicolino

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,697 Views)

Hello again,

Does anyone have any news about NI support for NI-vision library for 64-bit version OS? I am really stuck with the creation of this DLL using LabWindows/CVI and I really struggle to move on...

Many thanks,

Nicolino

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,666 Views)