From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traditional NI-DAQ installation

Hello all,

I have to update and old software with LabWindowsCVI 2009 and when I try to compile this version I have the message that the dataacq.h and easyio.h are not found.

I have made a bit of research and I have seen in the forums that these files are installed with the Traditional NI-DAQ. I cannot find the CD and the link to download it from the NI website doesn't  work... I am actually not really sure what NI-DAQ version I need for my CVI2009...

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:dwl/q/traditional%20NI...

Would you please help me with this?

Thanks a lot,

Jose

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,449 Views)

Hi Josete,

you can download the latest version which is 7.5. Take this into account:

"Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) for PC Compatibles, version 7.5 for Windows Vista/7/8 32-bit. 64-bit versions of Windows are not supported.

Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) is an older driver with outdated APIs for developing data acquisition, instrumentation, and control applications for older National Instruments DAQ devices. Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) has the same VIs and functions and works the same way as NI-DAQ 6.9.3."

Good luck,

Jesús

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,392 Views)