From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer() value jumps by 2^32

Hi, this is similiar to another post, but it was suggested that I start a new post.  The previous post may help with background information.

I'm using LabWindows 2013 and am suddenly getting return values from the Timer() function that are incorrect: they have 2^32 added to their proper value.  I have been using CVI since version 3.1 and have never seen this.  I know there was a rollover issue years ago when it got to this value, but that has been corrected for a long time.

My application is also using a lot of TCP communication now which is an interesting similarity with the previous post.  I have a second application runnng at the same time and it does not see this error at the same time, so I wonder if there is something in my application that could be causing this.  My application has been running at several customer sites for close to a year now and this has just come up on a specific PC.

The code using the Timer() function is very simple, just comparing Timer() with the last time a TCP message was received and making sure there are still messages coming in.  There is no way that I am incorrectly manipulating the returned value, the Timer() function is clearly returning an invalid number.

I realize this will be a challenging one to sort out, but hopefully it can be resolved.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,236 Views)