LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The save icon does not dim after saving a file

Solved!
Go to solution

The LabWindows™/CVI™ 2013 Known Issues list claims that bug ID 357213 has been resolved in CVI2013.

This seems not always to be the case...

Assume an unsaved file in the IDE. Then there are two disk symbols, one in the toolbar, one in the status bar. If I click on the disk symbol in the toolbar, the toolbar symbol disappears (it only shows if the file is modified), but the disk symbol in the toolbar does not get dimmed. It works correct if I use the File / Save menu command or if I click on the toolbar symbol...

By the way, what is the date format in the known issues list, e.g. what does 'Added: 00/41107/' mean?

(for CVI2010 the list looks OK)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,187 Views)

Sorry for the confusion, here is the corrected description (corrections in bold italics):

Assume an unsaved file in the IDE. Then there are two disk symbols, one in the toolbar, one in the status bar. If I click on the disk symbol in the status bar, the status bar symbol disappears (it only shows if the file is modified), but the disk symbol in the toolbar does not get dimmed. It works correct if I use the File / Save menu command or if I click on the toolbar symbol...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,178 Views)

You're right, it looks like this issue wasn't completely fixed. I've reopened it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,156 Views)

@Wolfgang wrote:

The LabWindows™/CVI™ 2013 Known Issues list claims that bug ID 357213 has been resolved in CVI2013.

This seems not always to be the case...

Assume an unsaved file in the IDE. Then there are two disk symbols, one in the toolbar, one in the status bar. If I click on the disk symbol in the toolbar, the toolbar symbol disappears (it only shows if the file is modified), but the disk symbol in the toolbar does not get dimmed. It works correct if I use the File / Save menu command or if I click on the toolbar symbol...

The updated list of known issues lists ID 357212 as resolved, although it is not, it should have been re-opened... the bug still exists in CVI2013 SP1

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,984 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

You're right, Wolfgang. The bug is definitely still open, but there was a mistake in the process of generating the Known Issues list -- it was thrown off by the fact that this bug had been fixed and then reopened. Sorry about that. This will be corrected in the next update.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,972 Views)

Resolved in CVI2015 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,211 Views)