From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The procedure entry point __dbgasctime could not be located in the DLL cvirte.dll

Solved!
Go to solution
As the subject says, I am getting the error "The procedure entry point __dbgasctime could not be located in the dynamic link library cvirte.dll" when I try to run a program I am trying to modify. This is an old program, running on a Win2k machine, so the latest runtime engine I was able to install was 9.1.0.428. The development version of CVI that I am running is 9.1.1. I did follow the directions posted here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1DB3814D6F552100862570EB00777C1D and there is only one copy of the cvirte.dll located in the WINNT/system32/ directory. Does anybody have anything for me to try? I did try to look for a 9.1.1 RTE installer, but was unable to. Thanks for any help you can give.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,675 Views)

The runtime engine just needs to be at least the same version as development environment. Try downloading RTE 2010 and see if that helps.

Can you also let me know why are you using such old software? 

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,620 Views)
The 2010 RTE states that it doesn't support Windows 2000 (XP is the oldest system it supports). The reason we are running Win2K is because this is old hardware (well before my time) that is running a special ISA card. Also, how are you getting your line breaks? The 'enter' key doesn't do anything while I am typing in this box.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(8,617 Views)

You are right, the 2010 RTE doesn't support Windows 2000. Not supported is not the same thing as not going to work. It just wasn't test by our R&D department. Give it a try and see if it helps.

In terms of adding the line break, I just hit "enter" twice.

Ren H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,607 Views)
I tried installing the 2010 RTE and it gave me an error saying it can only be installed on a WinXP system or later. I did try going into the INI file to see if I could add Win2k into the list of supported OSes, but was unable to find anything to that extent. Thoughts?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,599 Views)
Do you know how I could go about downloading an older version of the CVI development environment? I am not doing anything that requires all that new of a IDE. \n
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,597 Views)
Solution
Accepted by robot_mower_guy

If I'm not wrong, LabWindows/CVI 9.1.1 is the release commercially named CVI2009 so you could try searching for a 2009 runtime installer. With a quick search I located this one which should be 9.1.0.428 which is probably still too old for you.

Nevertheless, you may not need to install the RTE separately: you could try building a distribution from your IDE that includes your application and the RTE: making a distribution is described in the help.

Alternatively, try installing directly your CVI as a evaluation on the target machine: this will install the RTE too.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
That is a good idea. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,576 Views)

This ended up working out. I got a trial version of CVI installed (if it took me longer than that period I had a spare licence I could have thrown on for a couple of days). The code compiled and worked right away. Thanks for the help guys.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,552 Views)

I'm glad you got this solved. Please remember that if you compile your app in a evaluation version of CVI your .exe will stop working after approx. 10 minutes: you must create the final executable on a machine with a licensed copy of the IDE to have it work without problems. Installing the IDE on the target machine was meant only to have the correct RTE installed as well.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(8,546 Views)