LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate the problem with this package. The error code is 2705.

Solved!
Go to solution

When I creat setup project in Visual Studio 2005 with only cvirte.msm merge module installer finish the unstallation successfully, however the program asks for MESA.DLL. When the NImesa.msm is added to the installation package the installer fails witht the error code 2705. The exact message is indicated as the "Subject".

How can I overcome the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nikki7

Hi nikki7,

Are you using a non-english operating system? If you are, then the KnowledgeBase article I included below should be helpful. I hope this helps!

Error -2705 from the MSI Installer Built with the Visual Studio .NET Installation Builder: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/19CA3B8F15B4FB9386256DDA006DFED8?OpenDocument

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 2 of 5
(7,069 Views)

I came to the same error message when installing LabVIEW using ni-package manager 2023 Q4. 

As the message was the same I post in this thread as well.

For my case the cure was to run ni package manger as administrator.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,418 Views)

instead of launching the installer (ni package manager in this case) from the start menu with a left click - as you do mostly, right-click and among the choices are "run as administrator".

Disclaimer: Now - normally it is unsafe to install as administrator and if you do it implies you fully trust the source of the program.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(597 Views)