LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand-3.0 modelsupport2.dll/prj fails to build with CVI7

I need to modify the modelsupport2.dll coming with TestStand-3.0. As first step I tried to rebuild the modelsupport2.prj. But this fails with lots of linker errors like:
Multiple defined Symbol _OkBtnCallback in modules C:\appl\National Instruments\TestStand 3.0\Components\User\Models\TestStandModels\cvibuild.modelsupport2\batchuutdlg.niobj and C:\appl\National Instruments\TestStand 3.0\Components\User\Models\TestStandModels\cvibuild.modelsupport2\banners.niobj.
I see no reason in the sources, why this should happen.
Building modelsupport2.dll from TestStand-2.0.1 with CVI-6.0 ( on another computer) makes no problems.
Do I miss some setting in CVI-7 to get around that problem ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,778 Views)
Hello Markus,

As a first troubleshooting step, I would suggest trying to rebuild the Original modelsupport2.prj. If it successfully builds, then we know it has something to do with the modifications you did.
The second thing I would try doing is simply deleting the "cvibuild" folder and try rebuilding your project.
Let us know the results of these 2 things so that we can further assist you.

Carlos
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,778 Views)
Marcus,

I think you will get rid of the problem by simply changing the name of the callback you are using (OkBtnCallback). The error simply indicates there is already another callback with that name.
Let us know if that works for you.

Regards,

Carlos
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,778 Views)
I've found the reason for the problem. I did copy the project from NI tree to user tree. Then I used "generate code" for the modelsupport2.uir, which added the template code for OkBtnCallback to the batchuutdlg.c source file in the user tree. But when I searched with 'find' for OkBtnCallback I searched the unchanged files in the NI tree. So I didn't see the duplicate function.
BTW. Is there an option to show the full path of a file in the workspace view ?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,778 Views)