From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM C DLL calls work as exe, not as DLL (Error -6204)

Hello all,

I was hoping to get some help on creating a DLL (I am using VS2017 but hope people on here might be able to trace or help on the issue) using the TDM C DLL functions.

I had everything working fine but one day the function started returning error -6204 when finding groups, and now I cannot even call the DDCOpenFileEx function without receiving the error.  When compiled as an application, all works fine.  When I change the calls to dll and compile as a DLL it simply returns the error.  Attached is a simple test code trying to simply open and close a TDMS file but when I call from LabVIEW, I cannot get past the error.  

I think it might be how I set up the project but want to get some advice.  Attached is the sample code, I can also attach the VS2017 solution if people would like to check my settings as well.  If someone has time to confirm they can get it working, I would greatly appreciate it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,138 Views)

This posted twice, I apologize.  Hopefully a moderator can remove the duplicate.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,136 Views)