From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP client

Hello,

Successfully established the connection between server and client  but if I continuously send the command from client to server , client application crashes.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,875 Views)

Hello, is this question related to this other one?

To understand what may be happening it could be useful to know how much data are you sending to the server, how often and in which way. Also, do you receive any error?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,871 Views)

Thanks , but not related to the previous post. If I send the data from client to server continuously it crashes but if I send the data from server to client no issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,867 Views)

You must add some detail more to describe the situation. I already wrote some questions that still are to be answered, to which you may add the following:

• How much time does the application run before the crash? Is it consistent or varies randomly?
  • Is it doing something else? 
  • Which fuction are you using to send data? How are data formatted into the message?
  • Can you post the offending code, highlighting where the crash occurr?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,857 Views)