LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SysMon API

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to install the NISysMon API using the NI System Monitor Download link found in the knowledge base article here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C67D5C1D64E77E1D862575780060CFCF

In the readme file I don't see CVI as a supported interface and when I load the driver, all that is loaded is the LabView side.

I get no NISysMon.h file loaded.

Does the installer load nisysmon.h?

Should I try re-installing?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,205 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart

The installer is going to automatically bring in the .h and the .dll file.  My .h file is located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\include and my niSysMon.dll is located at C:\Windows\System32.

Jesse S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,190 Views)

Jesse,

I tried two different computers and neither got the .h file when I used the installer.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,187 Views)

Hi Paul,

I tried out the installer on a clean machine and it worked fine.

I then deleted the file, I had to uninstall every thing that that installer put on the computer to get it to put the file back in there. 

One thing that did occur to me is that if you are using a 64 bit OS, then you will have to look at C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\C\include for the .h file. 

As long as niSysMon.dll is in C:\Windows\System32, then you can place the .h file I am attaching in the program files directory, and it should work. 

Trevor B.
PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,166 Views)

That worked.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,136 Views)

Can not find nisysmon.dll in the system32 dir.

Where can I get this file?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,985 Views)

My dll is in System32 directory.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,979 Views)