LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious BUILD LOG message

When I build my application I get the following message in the BUILD LOG:
"The source directory for "T Process" is invalid because it is at the same location as the deployment destination directory (source = "C:\TProcess\cvidistkit.T Process\Volume\", destination = "c:\TProcess\cvidistkit.T Process\")".

It does not seem to affect the build, and the build reports that it has comppleted successfully. What causes this message to appear, and what can be done about it, if anything ??
Thanks,
~Harald.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,537 Views)

Hi Harald, 

Do you get this message every time you build the application?

If you build it to a different directory, does this change the message?

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,512 Views)

I tried your suggestion. The suspicious message does NOT appear when I change the output directory to something other that what I have been using. The strange thing is that even if I delete my normal output directory and then re-create it as a blank directory, the message still appears. That's a head-scratcher !! Any ideas ?? The issue does not seem to affect the build, it's just strange. Thanks,  Harald.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,492 Views)

Hi Harald, 

Could you post your CVI distribution file? It might be good to take a look at the paths you are using.

Rachel M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,457 Views)

Hello Rachel,
I have attached the "cds" file, as you suggested.
--->>> Thanks for your help !!
~Harald.

P.S. I had to change the ".cds" extension to ".txt", so that it would allow me to attach it to this replay.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,442 Views)