From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StripChart paused for some moment and resumed again

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have displaying problem for strip chart. I set up x-axis as continuous mode.

I updates the data by using "PlotStripChart(DisplayHandle,Chart[idx].chartCtrl,PlotBuf[idx],2,0,0,VAL_FLOAT);".

It is not happend not always but sometimes the chart looked pause and resumed again with gaps.

If I observed it closely, the values of chart  change very slightly. But X axis label is not changing and strip chart is not shift to left to show new data.

CPU usage is looked okay. I think it happenes more often  for stable data.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Momo

ps. I tired the multithread program and gave up for synchronizing issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,409 Views)

Hi Momo,

How much data are you trying to plot to the Strip Chart?  Also, how many traces are on the chart?  Could you also let us know which version of LabWindows/CVI you are seeing this behavior in?

I know it may be difficult to convey, but feel free to include screenshots of the gaps you're seeing in the data.

-Myriam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,380 Views)

Also, how many graphs are on the panel? 'Cause I see that [idx] on control ID that makes me think there are more of them. Are you updating all the strip charts at a time? Do you observe this phneomenon on all charts or on one of them only?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,368 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author momo2013

Yes, I have maximum 12 strip charts with 2 traces in a panel and also have a function changing scaling of y axis.

I agree that I used them too much. 

After simplifying the scaling of y axis, the behavior is much better.

My version is CVI/2013.

Thank you for reply.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,358 Views)