LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard include files not found by LabWindows\CVI 2015

The link worked.   However even if I put c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\CVI2015\include and c:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\CVI2015\toolslib in the Instrument Directories under Instrument\Search Directories I still get multiple error like:

fatal error: cannot open file '\\us.lmco.com\mst-bot\DocCtrl\4X Manufacturing\48 TE & Tooling Software Files\48-000122\48-000122-001-P01\LabWindows\toolbox.h': No such file or directory

and

fatal error: cannot open file '\\us.lmco.com\mst-bot\DocCtrl\4X Manufacturing\48 TE & Tooling Software Files\48-000109\48-000109-003-P02\analysis.h': No such file or directory

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,832 Views)

As a test, I went to the file that had the error, right-clicked on toolbox.h, did an "open quoted text", and CVI opened the toolbox.h file without a problem.  So it can find the files, but not during compiling.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,831 Views)

I have found the issue.  When you copy a project on a network drive  and open CVI all the paths are wrong.  I have a network drive \\us.lmco.com\mst-bot that is mapped to a local drive letter S:.  CVI copies the files and changes to path to network path name, not to the local drive letter.  If I change all the files in the project to S:, CVI works.

It looks like CVI can't handle \us.lmco.com\mst-bot\ in the path.

\\us.lmco.com\mst-bot\DocCtrl\4X Manufacturing\48 TE & Tooling Software Files\48-000108\48-000108-003-P01\base.c

s:\DocCtrl\4X Manufacturing\48 TE & Tooling Software Files\48-000108\48-000108-003-P01\base.c

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,802 Views)

Hi Paul_Knight,

At any point, have you tried copy the contents (including both source code and dependencies) of your project over to a new project file with a different name?

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,801 Views)

Yes, the results are the same.

This morning I found something funny.  There are two ways for me to get to the network drives.  One via a short cut on my desktop that is mapped to the S: drive, the other via My Computer\Network Location.

If I open the project by going to the DocCtrl directory via the short cut,  all the network files have s:\ in their path.  If I open the project by going to the DocCtrl directory via My Copmuter, all the network files have \\us.lmco.com\bot-net\ in their path.  Nothing in the project was changed, just how I got to the prj file.

The first way works, everything complies without an error.  The second way fails, can't find files.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,776 Views)

Hi Paul_Knight,

Thank you for passing along this information! It seems as though we are dealing with a potential bug, or at least some unexpected behavior in how LabWindows/CVI handles network file paths. I will file a Corrective Action Report with R&D, so that they can look into it in more detail. I'm glad that you have been able to establish a workaround in the time being!

Tom D.
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,750 Views)

Hi Tommy,

I can confirm issue with network path conflict. 

I made project on test PC in CVI2013 (worked fine) and actually upgrated to CVI2015. As soon I open project from loading form of CVI on network PC it opens path like \\new-test-pc\\cvi programms\\fkt .. and by compilation I get several failures of standart libraries looking where compiler search for them in local project folders and bring failure "No such a file or directory".

(f.e:   1, 1    fatal error: cannot open file '\\new-fkt-pc\c\CVI Programs\Hameg HMO\userint.h': No such file or directory)

By opening project by click from mapped drive I get instead of project path to network PC mapped drive letter like  Z:\cvi programms\fkt and compiler work fine ...

Thank you for help.

Radovan Demko

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,623 Views)

Radovan

Thanks for confirming the error.  I thought it might be something with the way our network was setup.  If that was the case, then the error would never get fixed by my network folks.

At least this way, it is something in the complier and NI has a better track record of fixing things than my IT group.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,614 Views)

Hi,

Is there any solution for this problem ? Is there any conformed procedure how to properly setup Remote Debugger in CVI 2015 ? coz standard is working only by special constalation of stars and moon .....  

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(2,095 Views)

Yes, my solution or workaround is to use the Windows mapped directory name in the project file instead of using the network directory name.  Even though they point to the same place on the network, LabWindows likes the first but not the second.

Basically I have a network mapped directory call S:.  It is map to \\server.com\docctrl.  So in the project file the file paths are s:\tests\test.c.  Sometimes LabWindows will rename the file paths to \\server.com\docctrl\tests\test.c.  When it does this, the standard include files are not found.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,084 Views)