LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sporadic catastrophic crashes using CVI DLL with Delphi

While running the system described above, occasionally, the system will lock-up. Exiting the program via (only way to exit), causes the computer to totally shut down. Sometimes, the IMAQ framegrabbers being used have to be physically reinstalled into the computer to work. It also seems the crashes continue until the Delphi project is rebuilt. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,677 Views)
Hello,

I have some questions that might help troubleshooting your problem:
- Were you able to reproduce this problem on multiple computers?
- Is there a pattern (in the application) to when your system locks-up?
- Do you get any error messages?
- Did you try running any of the built-in examples (one that's similar to what your application is doing with IMAQ HW) and see if the problem might have anything to do with your coding?

Regards,

Yusuf C.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,677 Views)
Answers to the questions from Yusaf:
- We have reproduced this problem on 3 computers.
- We are still working on finding a pattern. A couple of possible, but unverified causes: other applications are open; program variations have been used that incorporate delays.
- No error messages. When the DLL is called by Delphi, the program just hangs and never exits.
- I have not tried running this with a built-in example. Can you suggest an example to use? It should be somewhat complex. I'm suspecting that there are some shared resource conflicts causing the problem. To see this, I think that the example would have to have similar complexities.

Thanks for any helps.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,676 Views)