From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Speed' errors while accessing mouse click events?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have built a software where the the panel has a CVI callback function registered. The function tests whether for two cases, first EVENT_LEFT_CLICK, and then EVENT_LEFT_CLICK_UP. The user is supposed to maintain the click pressed for a while (~1 second), and there is no problem there. However, I have found that if by error (that users often commit) several quick clicks are made, sometimes the click down event (EVENT_LEFT_CLICK) piece of code is not read. I have reduced the probability of that problem by setting the speed of double click (on Windows) at the maximum. 

I suspect that if I could eliminate the double click event, this problem would be almost completely solved, and only limited by the speed at which the processor can update the mouse events.

Hope you understand my problem.

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sincrono

AUTOSOLVED.

Thanks to some guy who posted his own solution on a Windows forum, to 'disable' the double-click. Just have to change registry value of HKEY_CURRENT  >  ControlPanel  >  Mouse  >  DoubleClickSpeed      to 1. Actually, this makes the double click speed so fast that you can access virtually all user-made single clicks.

After doing this, in order to apply the registry edition, I terminated the execution of explorer.exe, and relaunched it through the task monitor of windows. However, the change this not apply until I opened the mouse control panel (without changing or applying anything from there).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,583 Views)