LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Code Control Provider not found

When ever I load a project i get an error message, "Source Code Control Provider not found". After I click Ok, my prject continues loading. If I try to reattach or create I get the same error. I have no problem accessing Source Safe through their console, or through DOS. VSS is located on a server on the network. How can I reattach my project to VSS?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,824 Views)
Hello

Make sure that CVI is aware of the SCC provider. In the projet window, goto Options >> Source Code Control options and under this, double check to make sure that everything is set up correctly. Once this section is configured correctly, you shold be able to add the project back to SCC

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,824 Views)

Hello,

I am using CVI 2012 on Windows 7.  I am getting the same error message popup. 

NI3.GIF

When I select the Options->Environment menu in the project (workspace) window, I see:

NI1.GIF

Selecting "Source Code Control...", I see:

NI2.GIF

I see nothing that looks like it should be changed, i.e.  I do not have source code control, and do not want it, but popup persists.

Any ideas on how to suppress this popup from my workspace projects?

Thanks,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,228 Views)

Hello again,

It is now 2017, and I am using LabWindows/CVI version 2015,...

...and the "Source Code Control provider not found" popup remains a nuisance.

Can somebody please explain how to suppress this popup for those not wanting to use source code control?  (the only offered answer in this post does not seem to solve the problem in my environment.)

Thanks,

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,898 Views)

Hello Rick,

Source Code Control can be configured either for the LabWindows/CVI environment or at project level. Since you have nothing configured in environments options maybe you have the project configured to use Source Code Control. Go to Edit>>Project, push Source Code Control button and uncheck "Use project Source Code Control settings"

Constantin

Message 5 of 6
(2,890 Views)

Perfect!  That answered my issue.

Thanks Constantin.

Rick

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,883 Views)