From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solving corrupt dynamic memory problem

Using LabWindows/CVI 2010, Windows XP. I have a data acquisition program that uses a rather large number of dynamically allocated arrays as buffers. The buffers are used to hold data from DAQmx and are passed and copied to a number of thread-safe queues and other routines. In certain circumstances, when I free one buffer I get a "dynamic memory is corrupt" error, which probably means - from reading the other posts on this topic on this forum - that some buffer was written past its end and corrupted the dynamic memory linked list. Is there any good way to determine exactly <i>which</i> buffer was corrupted? I don't believe that it was the one that I get the error on, it was probably the previous or next one in the chain. I can see the memory chain in the resource window, but I'm not sure how to interpret it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,939 Views)

Hi pblase, 

Here is an KnowledgeBase article that was written for LabWindows\CVI 6.0 but it still has some valid suggestions for debugging in LabWindows\CVI 2010:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/862567530005F09C8625632500692F41?OpenDocument

There are three valid suggestions to debug from this article.  The only one that does not work still is the Run » Dynamic Memory feature.

Peter T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,899 Views)

HI

I am a person who is experiencing the same problem.
The link below does not open. Please link again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,698 Views)