From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting fonts in CVI Standard I/O window

I have an application that uses the Standard I/O window for output to
the user. When I run this application under North American Windows 98
or Win2000, it appears to use a fixed width font. Under Chinese Windows
98 it appears to be using a variable width font. This has only started
happening since I started to use CVI 6. Previous versions of the
application that were compiled with CVI 5 don't have this problem. Does
anyone know how to control the font used by the Standard I/O window?

Rob Syvertsen
Production Engineering
Xantrex Technology Inc.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,898 Views)
In CVI 6.0, we added the ability to create console applications. With adding this ability, we changed the default window to be used for Standard I/O to the system's Command Prompt (or DOS window). The system's STDIO window is setup by the user as to which fonts are used. If you want to switch back to the old CVI STDIO Window you can do it with the SetStdioPort function like this:

SetStdioPort (CVI_STDIO_WINDOW);

However, if you prefer using the Window's system window, you will have to put up with whatever fonts the OS and user have selected for this window.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,898 Views)
Hello,
CVI 5.0 uses its own built-in standard I/O window by default, whereas CVI 5.5 and above uses the operating system's standard I/O window by default. Your problem is really associated with your OS's standard I/O window. If you want to use CVI's built-in standard I/O window in CVI 6.0, please refer to the following KnowledgeBase.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/EC62D709386E021186256C530052F483?OpenDocument

Mika Fukuchi
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,898 Views)
mfukuchi wrote:

> default. Your problem is really associated with your OS's standard I/O
> window.
Actually, I am using CVI's Standard I/O window. Look at the attached screen shots. How do I change the font used in the _CVI_ standard IO window?

Rob Syvertsen
Xantrex Technology Inc
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,898 Views)