From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Traditional Ni-DAQ driver to Device

I have a PXI-1042 Chassis with several DAQ cards installed.  I upgraded the CPU Module and I am trying to get my Labwindows/CVI program running on the new system.  I cannot seem to figure out how to get my NI PXI-6025E card to use the Traditional NI-DAQ driver.  It has the NI-DAQmx listed as the driver name for this card.  My original code used the traditional driver library and would like to not have to modify the code to work with the DAQmx library.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,946 Views)

Hi JoeDeveloper

Which operating system does it have the new CPU module?

Which version of Traditional DAQ driver was installed before? Which version of the Traditional DAQ driver have you installed now on the PXI?

Here are some links that might help you.

How to Re-associate Your Traditional DAQ Device With The DAQmx Driver

Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8

Regards

Esteban R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,907 Views)

New System:

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit with Sevice Pack 1

NI MAX ver 5.5.1f0

Labwindow/CVI 2013

installed existing cards (NI PXI-6025E, NI PXI-6508, NI PXI-6704, NI 5102 for PXI (2 ea.), NI PXI-8420/16) into new PXI-1042 rack

NI-DAQmx ver 9.7.5 (found in readme file in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI_DAQ folder)

Old System:

Windows XP Professional ver 2002 with Service Pack 3

Measurement & Automation Explorer ver 4.1.0.3001

Labwindows/CVI 2008

NI-DAQ ver 8.3.1 (found in readme file in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI_DAQ folder)

I'm getting this when i run the code

NON-FATAL RUN-TIME ERROR:   "PXI6025E.c", line 138, col 22, thread id 0x00000A08, function id 3:   Library function error (return value == -10401 [0xffffd75f]). unknownDeviceError: The specified device is not a National Instruments product, the driver does not support the device (for example, the driver was released before the device was supported), or the device has not been configured using the Measurement & Automation Explorer.

I'm getting confused about the "board number" they are refering to in the library function call.  They call it the "logical device number" and I'm assuming that it wants the PCI Device number.  The reason I think its a driver issue is because the card does not show up under the Traditional NI-DAQ section in MAX.  In the old system this card was under the Traditional NI-DAQ section.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,884 Views)

Hi JoeDeveloper,

Take a look at the following KnowledgeBase article that discusses potential reasons for the error you are seeing:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/46F78EDD19BA0CC386256CEE007201FC

Also, I see it was previously suggested to try installing Traditional NI-DAQ 7.5, which is compatible with Windows 7 32-bit OS's.  Have you given this a try?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,826 Views)

I bit the bullet and converted over to the DAQmx library.  Everything seems to be functioning correctly.  Thanks you guys for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,801 Views)