From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching in CVI 5.5

This is more of a comment than a question. One thing that I find extremely annoying is the way the search function is implemented in CVI 5.5. When searching for multiple occurrences of a phrase, you cannot scroll through the source code in the area of a search match and/or edit the code unless you exit the search function. Also, I would like to keep "search multiple files" as the default behavior, but the program seems to always revert to single-file searching, requiring another step in the search process.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,756 Views)
In CVI 6.0, the Find dialog automatically goes away when you do a search. Then you press to Find Next or to Find Previous. You can scroll the text any time you want, then resume your search. T takes you to the next file.
I guess I wouldn't make the default to search multiple files, but I would like it to be a toggle. It turns on when you select it and it stays on until you deselect it.
I never used 5.5: I went right from 3.x to 6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,756 Views)
The thing I like the least about CVI Find is that F doesn't open the Find dialog, it looks for a UIR object near the cursor. It would be nice to follow the standard set by so many Windows applcations (including LabView) for F to open a Find dialog.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,756 Views)
In the Find dialog box there is the 'Button bar' check box: if you unselect it, the corresponding window with the Find Prev / Find next... buttons doesn't appear and you can move inside the source code via F3 (find next) and Ctrl-F3 (find previous) keys; this way you can scroll or edit the source code without need to close any window. This option is maintained the same as the others with (the exception of Multiple files...).

Roberto

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,756 Views)