From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning multiple channels on analog/external trigger in LabWindows/CVI

I am using a PCI MIO 16E-4 Daq card.

I am new in DAQ field and would like to sense a change in an analog channel and sample it together with another 2 channels as soon as the change occurs for a fixed period of time (500ms). I have seen examples for single channel. Can something similar be constructed to cater for multiple channels?

Is it possible to scan multiple channels on an analog trigger?If yes, any channel will do? If no can I use an external trigger?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,576 Views)
Raphael,
You should be able to acquire from multiple channels when using an analog start trigger. The main stipulation is that the channel you are triggering off needs to be the first channel in your scan list. Or, you can get around this stipulation by triggering off of PFI0, instead of an input channel. Below is a link to some helpful information regarding analog triggering. Also, attached is an example in CVI that illustrates a multiple channel acquisition with an analog trigger. I hope this information helps.

Waveform Acquisition using an Analog Start Trigger
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,576 Views)
Thanks a lot.

Exactly what I needed.

Raphael
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,576 Views)