From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save data in table

Solved!
Go to solution

(First off all, sorry for my english)

Hi,

I'm a french student and i realise an internship. I work with Rohde&Schwarz analyzer.

I would like to save the data in a oppened excel but i can't. So i decided to save the data in a table in Labwindows CVI and then copy the table to Excel. I can copy the table but I can't save data in it.

I tried the function: SetTableCellRangeVals but I have a problem with my data ("double" expected "pointer to pointer to char").

I have 630 points to save. When i tried to save it in excel, there were in a same cell so at the end I had only the last point.

If anyone could help me,

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,686 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MatGIL

The error in SetTableCellRangeVals means that you have set the table to hold strings and you are trying to write doubles instead. Change table data type to numeric >> double and try writing to it again.

Regarding the problem in Excel, you must describe better what you are finding and possibly post some code so that we can help you, but apparently you have forgotten to increment an index to the cell to write to.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hello,

Thank you, the problem was just it, string instead of numeric, i didn't think about it alone.

Sorry for this "stupid" question, and thank you for your answer ! 

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,621 Views)

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,618 Views)