LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH built-in functions in LabWindows

Hello,

I'm using LabWindows CVI 2013 and I know that it doesn't support SSH communication using native libraries. I know that I can use putty/ExtraPutty API's and can automate my tasks which I did already. But I have few issues with the timing and limitation with the nummber of SSH sessions.

I got the CVI 2015 installation discs last week. Does CVI 2015 support SSH protocol? If not, how can we convince NI to add this to LabWindows? 

Thanks

Manoj

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,932 Views)

Hi Manoj,

LabWindows/CVI 2015 still does not natively support SSH protocol. I'd recommend posting your request to the LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange (linked below). R&D monitors these forums to see what new features our users would like to see added. 

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabWindows-CVI-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/cviideas

Best,

Niklas H.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,908 Views)

This request already exists since 2011..., see here

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,905 Views)

SSH is a very big set of things. I don't see how CVI could incorporate it natively (nor would I want it to). It also depends a lot on your usage.

Say, do you want to run commands on a remote server ? Why would you do this from CVI ? Write a shell script that incorporates SSH calls and which takes its parameters from your executable, and run it, returning the info to your exe.

Or do you want to talk to a remote app via SSH ? Simply start SSH in a console with the proper tunnel, then have your exe talk to localhost. SSH will tunnel the communication directly to the remote server, without modifications. You can try that easily with the TCP/IP example from the documentation, even through a firewall. You can even do multiple tunnels through multiple firewalls.

Or are you just after SSL ? You can link OpenSSL from CVI...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,828 Views)