LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL toolkit error message

Hello, I'm try out the CVI example program "weather" which uses SQL toolkit. Instead of using DSN, I changed it to using "Provider=Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\\...\\samples.mdb;" but I got this error when I ran it.

"Microsoft JET Database Engine: No value given for one or more required parameters."

Please see the attached picture for details. Does anybody know what's wrong with it? And how to fix it?

Thanks for any idea.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,502 Views)

Marg_SZ,

I did a little searching, but the results for NI Internal searches did not provide much. However, I did find some useful info online. I'll link it here for you. 

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,468 Views)

Thank you for replying, Rob.

I read the possible reasons but I don't think any of them is true here because the CVI sample program "weather" runs well when it uses DSN to connect the database samples.mdb. I just want to try to connect it with "Provider=Microsoft.JET.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\\...\\samples.mdb;" so we do not need to ask our customer to configure ODBC.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Margaret 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,459 Views)

Hello Margaret,

unfortunately SQL Toolkit 2.2 has some bugs (confirmed by NI) when you use direct connection strings (not when you use DSN).

See my messages in this thread

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,443 Views)