LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL toolkit Win7 connection problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using CVI 2013 and the SQL toolkit (2.2) tto connect to a mySQL database.  I can connect fine using my development computer, but not with the target one.  Both computers are running 64-bit Windows 7 Professional (SP1).  I was initially using the 64-bit ODBC drivers (mysql-connector-odbc-5.3.2-win64.msi) on both machines.  After I had trouble I found a Knowledge Base article that indicated I should probably be using the 32-bit one instead.  So I removed the drivers from the target and installed the 32-bit ones using odbcad32.exe found in Windows/SysWOW64.  No change.

I'm using the browser2.prj sample project included with the SQL toolkit (by default at: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\CVI\samples\sql\apps) to test the functionality of the SQL toolkit.  I build a distribution kit including the Shared Run-Time Engine on the development machine and install that on the target.  I have traced the problem to the call for DBSources() - it returns a -100 (which, handily, is not amoung the list of database error codes).

On both machines the ODBC drivers appear to be working.  I can get to the database using Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Data Sources (ODBC).  Selecting the database under either User DSN or System DSN and then clicking Configure will open the MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Connection window.  Clicking Test in that window will connect to the database.  

So the problem seems to lie in the way that CVI connects to the database.  I'm clueless at this time, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author S2rt

Sorry if this is a stupid question:

Have you followed the instructions in Help->Library Reference->SQL Toolkit Library->SQL Language Reference->Distributing an SQL Toolkit Executable or DLL ?

Or is this an error you are getting despite following those instructions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,298 Views)

Actually, that was a brilliant question, because it solved my problems.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,293 Views)