LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Toolkit does not work when migrating from CVI9.0 to CVI2012

Hello

I have a monitoring software developed in LabWindows CVI version 9.0.  Software is complex and composed of different threads, instruments, activeX and SQL toolkit commands.  When releasing new versions, I ussualy build a realease .EXE and replace it in program folder.

Software is running in 71 machines that are in production so I cannot perform long maintenance stops.  

I want to upgrade it to CVI2012.  I created a new distribution and Installed it in a new PC and it is working OK.

However I also want to run it in old PCs with CVI9.0 installation (by replacing the exe file, so I avoid to perform a complete installation) .  

To allow this I downloaded and Installed Run-Time Engine 2012 in that machines and the software seems to work well.

However I realize that SQL toolkit commands are not working at all.   Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,373 Views)

Hi barahonita,

Have you try binding your executable to side-by-side Run-Time Engine???

You can try this option to bind your entire application to another Run-Time Engine version, CVI 9.0 for example. Remember you need to include your side-by-side RTE in your installer. I share you a link with all the information for this proccess and concept:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051Y-01/cvi/usermanual/sidebysideoverview/

You can Change this setting in Build>Target Settings.

I hope this information helps you...

Regards,

Omar I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,326 Views)