LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running under a new screen resolution, LoadPanel returns -90

After installing my application on an XP machine with a different screen resolution than the one where the application was built, LoadPanel returns Error -90: The attribute passed is not valid. Sticking to one machine and changing the screen resolution causes the same error. What should I do to troubleshoot this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,916 Views)
After some guesswork and experimentation, I may have found the answer to my own question. I think the problem is related to tables with zero rows. If I give the table a row, then it seems OK. I would still appreciate someone else's confirmation that this is the right answer.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,916 Views)
Could you give the screen resolutions at which it did/didn't work so I can test it out?

Thanks,
Ryan K.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,916 Views)
The issue is not with any particular screen resolution. The issue is with saving the .uir file under one resolution, then changing the resolution, and then calling LoadPanel. The serious ramification is that the same problem happens if you build a distribution package on one computer, distribute the package to a computer with any other screen resolution, and run the software.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,916 Views)
That is in fact the right answer. It is a known bug in CVI 7.0 that scaling a table that has zero rows can cause an error. This would happen whether you're loading a .uir under a different resolution (if you use the "resolution adjustment" attribute of the panel) or if you use the "scale contents on resize" attribute of the panel.

The only workaround I can think of is to add an empty row of cells to the table, or alternatively, create the table programmatically instead of having it in the .uir.

The fix will be in the next upgrade. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Luis
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,916 Views)
OK, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,916 Views)
Looks like Luis has this one pegged:
http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=137&HOID=506500000005000000BD780100&HIsQuestionPoster=No&HTHREAD=000096445&UCATEGORY_0=_318_&UCATEGORY_S=0
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,916 Views)