From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run>>Debug returns "Error compiling resources. Make sure your tmp directory..."

Under CVI 7.0 on Win2000, when I try to Run>>Debug my executable, I get the error: "Error compiling resources. Make sure your tmp directory is writable and not full".
It's like the case already solved for CVI 4.0.1, but my icon is fine, and using the default one doesn't solve the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,450 Views)
I had the same problem.

The solution is , quit the Icon File of the project.
Go to "Build\Target Settings" and change the value of "Application Icon File " , this value should be Blank whithout Icon , if you choose another icon the aplicattion will not run and show you the error.

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,450 Views)
I already tried doing so, but it didn't work! Indeed this solution was already given for CVI 4.0.1, but it didn't work for me.
Another thing I don't understand is: if the problem is with icon files, why the software complains about the "tmp directory"? and, which one in the million of tmp directories is it talking about?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,454 Views)
I´m sorry.
i had the problem with Cvi5.5 and W2000. I made it and Then all run fine.

I dónt Konw Why this is not run in Cvi7.0 , i dont have this version of Cvi.

I dont Know "why the software complains about the "tmp directory" .

Do a new project and add all files of the old project , perhaps it run fine

Saludos
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,454 Views)
This is much better!
Indeed, I followed the counsel and created a brand new workspace, project, and only dropped in it all the files I had.
When I saw it running... fine! But is it really the icon?
I used the icon, and it worked fine!
Then I played with the other target settings and finally found that the guilty one is "Embed Project .UIRs".
I'd like to have an NI comment on this.
Anyhow, thank you Siabevef, and...
Ciao (I'm Italian)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,454 Views)
I´m happy its run fine.

I had the problem when a translate my project of my computer to another computer.

I´m spanish
Hasta luego
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,454 Views)
Hello

I would be more interested to hear how you were able to reproduce the problem in the newer project. You mentioned that "Embed UIR project" in CVI 7 was causing the problem. I would like to see if I can re-create the problem on my machine as well. If I can consistently reproduce it, it might be something we need to look into.

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,454 Views)
I can duplicate this problem by using a space in the name of the .UIR file. ie: "my_interface.uir" works fine, but "my interface.uir" causes the "error compiling resources..." message in CVI 7.0/Win2K.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,454 Views)
Uhmm... I don't know what to think.
My previous uir file was named "Dear MamaSoft.uir", while the new one is named "DEar-MaMa GUI.uir"...
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,454 Views)
Good afternoon .
marino one questions.

When had the problem the Computer was a Dell with w2000 , in your case the computer was a Dell??

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,454 Views)