LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Control fails to register selection to any index but 0

I have a ring control in my uir with pre-populated label/value pairs.  There is no callback associated with this control.

Normal ring control behavior in a running application (or in uir edit mode) would allow me to click the ring, select one of many lablels, resulting in the ring displaying the label that was selected.  In a running application, I could then use GetCtrlIndex (among others) in my application to capture the current state of the ring programmatically.

However, this ring control will not update the label once I commit to any selection.  It always displays the label corresponding to the 0th index.  When I click on the ring, it expands to display all labels as normal, but once I make a selection, the display pops back to the label of the 0th index.

This behavior exhibits itself both within the uir editor, and during execution.  The .uir file, and other project files are in editable mode.  (i.e. not write protected)

I am not sure what is causing this behavior, and I am wondering if you have others asking about it.  Any insights on how to solve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick Blum

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,850 Views)

While it is normal what you say in edit mode (the ring control always displays the default index you set in control properties) it is strange in run mode.

Can you run some of the CVI examples to see if it shows the same behaviour? You could look for example at samples\userint\graphlegend.cws example.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Roberto,

I mis-spoke. While in the uir editor, and in the "Operate Tool" mode, the normal behavior is for the ring to register and display the label corresponding to the selected index.  In my app, it did not, while in the example you suggested it did. 

However, with the results of that comparison, I realized that my .uir had possibly become corrupted.  At that point, I saved it as a .tui and imported that .tui into a new panel.  This did the trick.  All of the controls, including the rings now behave normally.

Thanks for your idea.  It pushed me out of my box and onto the path to a fix.

Ryk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,830 Views)