LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely debug an application running at customer site

In the past I successfully used the CVI remote debugger when my development machine (with CVI FDS installed on it) and the target machine were in the same site, and connected to the same LAN. I followed the instructions here.

But now I need to debug an application that runs on a machine that is located at customer site (different country).

I can use a tool of remote assistance and PC control, but I don't know how to configure the CVI remote debugger.

Is it possible to use it in this scenario?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,879 Views)

Hi Vix

have you thought about <https://secure.logmein.com/IT/>?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,862 Views)

Hi

unfortunately you have completely mislead my question.

If it's useful I can use a software like the one you suggested, but the question is: how to configure remote debugging so that I can debug an application running at customer site with CVI Development System running on my machine?

Vix
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,852 Views)

Hi Vix,

The CVI remote debugger doesn't care whether the two machines are in the same network or not. You can use IP addresses for both configuration dialogs.

In CVI, this is where you identify the computer which will be debugging the program:

remote1.png

Then, the computer where you will be running the program needs to run the configuration utility and in that utility you specify the IP address of the computer where the ADE is running:

remote2.png

As long as that IP addresses are mutually accessible, you shouldn't have a problem. If, on the other hand, there is a firewall between them, then you will have to find some specific TCP port that can be opened, which will allow communication between the two computers, and then specify that port in these dialogs.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,834 Views)