cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUN FUNCTION PANEL error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, experts,

I'm trying to execute "RUN FUNCTION PANEL" on CVI. During constructing driver, I checked the function panel by this command, but it was failed with error message, Interactive Execution error - Unresolved symbol: _Math_Average.

I do the material in the basic CVI text, and it is very simple function. And additionally, it ran correctly when I completed the driver, then I believe that programming should be correct.

So I'm struggling with editing any settings, but I could not find the solution.

Does anybody have any solution or hint?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,624 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TetsuyaU

Hello TetsuyaU!

The most obvious solution for this problem would be to enable the Interactive Execution window environment options found in Options » Environment » Interactive Window. These options specify whether project files or loaded instrument drivers are used by the Interactive Execution window. Otherwise, if the corresponding option isn't enabled, the Interactive Execution window fails to link with the symbol from your instrument driver, and you get an unresolved symbol error.

Does this work for you?

Best regards!

- Johannes

Message 2 of 4
(4,609 Views)

Hi, Johannes,

Thank you very much! I have done my operation correctly!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,606 Views)

It should be noted that this will work if the Instrument Driver (*.fp) is loaded temporarily through into the "Instruments" folder however if the instrument driver is loaded into the Library Menu by default (i.e. through the "Customize Library Menu...") then the FP and its associated files must also be added into the current project. Otherwise I found that I received an error when attempting to run the instrument's Function Panel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,468 Views)