From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFSA Unkonwn Error Code

I'm building the 80211acIQCompositeMeasurement.prj example project in CVI and running and running on a  4x 5644R  PXI test system. The program runs fine w/ a single VST but when running with multiple VSTs the program jumps to the showError w/ error  -369023 (0xfffa5e81) function unexpectedly. The showError function  calls niRFSA_GetError() which returns "Error description not found". This behavior is 100% repeatable. 

A couple of questions:

1) Is Error -369023 (0xfffa5e81) a valid error? If so what is the definition?

2) I m not able to locate the RFSA error definitions in any header files. Is there a header file w/ those definitions available ?

thanks

jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,591 Views)

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, I was not able to find any internal documentation on this particular error code, and as you already noted, it is not described in any of the RFSA header files for CVI. It's possible that this error is being thrown elsewhere in the code and then not defined by RFSA. The best way for us to isolate exactly where this error is being thrown will be to run an I/O Trace, which will capture every driver call made to the VSTs. Instructions on that process can be found here:

Performing a Good NI I/O Trace Capture for Debugging/Troubleshooting

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/282C5D41E2BA04F2862574BA007803B9

Please set the large buffer size so we can get the most descriptive results. Have you modified the project at all? Do we have any indication what functionality is failing?

What version of the WLAN Toolkit are you using? In 16.0 it looks like that example project looks has been replaced with 80211ac80+80IQCompositeMeasurement(MultipleRFSA), which may be closer to what your application calls for. What version of LabWindows/CVI are you running, and is this on an embedded PXI controller or on a PC communicating through MXI?

Best,

Daniel 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,539 Views)