LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming the DAQ-6508

I'm trying to bring up the USB DAQ6508 in CVI 6.0. In searching example code, I can not find any reference as to how to address one of the four 82C55 devices. Also, where can I find a more detailed explaination of supplied routines such as DIG_SCAN_Setup, so I can understand what it is these routines want me to give them. I have read 321644j.pdf. Page 3-59 only describes what DIG_SCAN_Setup does. Where do I find out what to give the routine?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,754 Views)
You should find some example code for the DAQPad-6508 in the \\cvi\sample\daq\di\DIsingleBugHandshake8255.c and in \\cvi\sample\daq\do\DOsingleBufHandshake8255.c directory. Both of this examples are using the DIG_SCAN_Setup function. More Information about this function is available within CVI by using the function panel help which you have easily access to if you have opened one of the .c files mentioned above under CVI and do a right click on the DIG_SCAN_Setup function and choose there "Recall Function Panel" or by using the Hot-Key "CTRL+P".
You can also find more informations about all available function calls for your DAQPad-6508 in the function reference online help which you can find in your National Instruments\NI-DAQ program menu. There you can g
et an overview of all the functions available for your DAQPad-6508 (DIO-96 device)(see also attached screenshot). One more example program can be found in our examples program database. Here's the link: http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.DISPLAY_EPD4?p_guid=B45EACE3E6FD56A4E034080020E74861&p_node=DZ52319&p_submitted=N&p_rank=&p_answer=&p_source=External

Regards,
Heinrich Illig
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,754 Views)
Thanks Heinrich.
Since I posted the question, I found a resource in my company who pointed me in the right direction, and using the example you suggested, I got the device to do fundamental operations. Now I am beginning to "get it" as far as how the DAQ mechanization works. It was that 1st hurdle of understanding that I could not find documentation on. In fact, the DAQEvt8.c has VERY limited commenting. I and my group have made a point of using prolific descriptions of what code does and why. You never know who may have to pick it up, with no prior exposure and understand it years later.
Many thanks for a fine answer.
Scott Youngren
Test Engineer(doing everything from S/W to mechanical design!)
Northrop/Grumman Navigation Systems
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,754 Views)