LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming acquistion system (NI PCI-6115)

I'm having some difficulties to start programming the acquisition card NI PCI-6115, with Labwindows.
I need to implement a system to acquire date in 2 different modes. I always want to acquire data from the 4 analog input channels simultaneously.
My 1st doubt is to know which functions should I use: Traditional NI-DAQ or easy I/O dor DAQ? or some other library?
The first mode is a continuous mode, the user can start and stop the acquisition when ever he wants. The sampling rate should be about 2MS/s and data should be save to a file for later processing. What functions should I use for this reason? What function should I use to start the acquisition when the user presses the START button and only stop when the user presses the
STOP button? How can I do the acquisition in the background,while the user interface is still possible to be used?
In the second mode, I want to acquire data as fast as possible(10MS/s for each channel) until the input FIFO is full. I want to acquire 32MS from the 4 channels. For this case, which functions can I use: to start the acquisition?to know that the FIFO is full? I need also the data present in the FIFO for later processing, how can I retrive data from the FIFO and save it to a file?
Thank you in adavance

Pedro
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,544 Views)
Pedro,

Did you resolve this issue or do you still need and answer to thios question?
Jattie van der Linde
Engineering Manager, Software & Automation
TEL Magnetic Solutions Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,544 Views)