LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic read access to (conditional disable) symbols in project

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to achieve programmatic way to achieve a read access to the symbols defined within a project apart from the conditional disable structure? I have tried access via VI server, but haven't succeeded Smiley Sad
For me, it would be a nice way of passing certain enviroment settings....

Thanks a lot!

Oli

Sorry this should've been posted to the LabVIEW board....

Message Edited by Oli_Wachno on 04-12-2007 03:13 PM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,513 Views)

Unfortunately there is no other way to access the symbols via VI server. It is not possible to edit these symbols at runtime in general, which would not make sense, because these symbols are ment to give the user the opportunity to do conditional compiling, and so the state of these symbols needs to be set BEFORE the VI is compiled/started.

You could accress the value of these symbols, by reading the .lvproj File directly. The .lvproj files are XML-Files, and there is a item called

<Property Name="CCSymbols" Type="Str"> .XXX.</Property>  in the XML File. The XXX stands for the name and value of a symbol.

You could use File I/O functions to access these values.

Hope this helps!

André

Message 2 of 4
(3,493 Views)

Thanks a lot André,

but still I hope that one day, there will be a more convenient way of having read access to these symbols. Smiley Wink

Cheers

Oli

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,480 Views)

see more convenient read access for Conditional Disable Symbols in LabVIEW in this thread: Programmatic read access to project symbols

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,829 Views)