cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with the digital input/ouput

Solved!
Go to solution
Hello,

I have a little problem with my PCI-6143 card. I would like to use two digital connectors one as a input and one as a output. Now I have the problem that I don't know how I adress them. The input works as I want but the output not.

As example. I call my output channel over this name: Dev1/port0/line0:0.
With this call the application works fine. If I change the output channel to Dev1/port0/line4:0 I get an error that the values can not be read and only 1 and 0 are correct values.
I hope the call is right, I wrote that out of my head.

My questions are. Ist it correct to call a single digital channel with this name?
I am not quite sure because I do not understand what these "line" means and if I allocate really only one channel or more.
The second questions is, can someone give me a example how I allocate two digital channels (how to adresse them)?
I know it may be a easy question but I fail to do it correct.

Hope someone can help me.

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,080 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fasching_K

The syntax you are using is intended to select more than one channel: the numbers are the initial and final channel in a list of subsequent channels. Thus, writing Dev1\port0\line0:4 means 5 lines are included in the read/write (FWIW writing 4:0 has the same effect). It is redundant but correct write line0:0 meaning a single line, but you could write Dev1\port0\line0 which is simpler.

This is a help page on this subject.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
Ok thank you. For my understanding.
When I would like to select a single channel I must write Dev1/port0/line0, for a second channel Dev1/port0/line1?

Best Regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,062 Views)

Hello Fasching_K,

Dev1/port0/line0 and Dev1/port0/line1 is the correct syntax.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,053 Views)

Thank you 🙂

Message 5 of 5
(3,045 Views)