LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Distribution Kit CVI 6.0

Hi,
I need to distribute an application I made with CVI 6.0, so I've created the Distribution kit. But when I try to install it into another PC, the application is launched before the installation is finished. It does the same when I uninstall it. In the advanced options I did not included the executable to run after setup. For instance I tried that but then the application is launched twice.
How can I stop the application from launching automatically during the installation? Is this a bug of CVI 6.0?
thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,695 Views)
I haven't seen it. Been using CVI 6.0 ever since it came out.

vishi

lflpjdem wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to distribute an application I made with CVI 6.0, so I've
> created the Distribution kit. But when I try to install it into
> another PC, the application is launched before the installation is
> finished. It does the same when I uninstall it. In the advanced
> options I did not included the executable to run after setup. For
> instance I tried that but then the application is launched twice.
> How can I stop the application from launching automatically during the
> installation? Is this a bug of CVI 6.0?
> thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,695 Views)
This is unusual. I have not seen a problem like this before either. Does this happen only with your particular project? If you take one of the shipping samples and make a distribution kit ( with the default settings ) for that, do you see the same effect?

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,695 Views)
Greetings,

Something else to check. Make sure that you do not have the "Register Files as ActiveX Servers" checkbox selected for any of your file groups. [Because for ActiveX servers that are .EXEs - we register them by running the executable at the end of the installation, passing the /reg flag on the command line.]

If this doesn't help, then try using the "Default" button on the distribution kit dialog to reset your settings back to the default.

Regards,
- WesW / NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,695 Views)