From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems installing DataSocket.

I created a distribution kit for a Labwindows application that uses the Datasocket server, but some where when a run the installation program appears a message that says "Failure during Datasocket silent installation result code -3" and when the install finish the call to datasocket server on my application fails showing me a message that says "class not registered"
Whats going on? notice that before i run the installation program i desintalled all the national isntruments applications.
so waht?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,694 Views)
Hello

Make sure that you are the administrator of the machine on which you are trying to install the application. Does this happen with every project that tries to distribute datasocket, or is it just this particular project? Also try installing using the standalone datasocket install that you can find in the \cvi\redist folder if you are using CVI 5.5.

Try manually register the nids.dll ,the command should be "regsvr32.exe C:\WINNT\System32\nids.dll"

Also make sure that the target machine has a recent version of Internet Explorer. Try upgrading to 6, and see if that helps. Datasocket has some dependencies with the internet explorer, so having IE 5.5 and above is one of the requirements for datasocket

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,694 Views)