cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with connecting to NI USB6008 with LabWindows

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I am making a program in LabWindows and so far I have got two instruments running without any problems. But I am trying to add an NI USB6008 to the program. I have downloaded something called "NIDAQmxBase" and added a file called "NIDAQmxBase.h" but I can´t find the ".fp" file and therefore I have no functions to communicate with the instrument.

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,582 Views)
Why DAQmx base? Are you using Linux? For Windows, you should install DAQmx and refer to the shipping examples.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,572 Views)

I also tried DAQmx, but I read something on this forum about that one should use DAQmxbase for LabWindows. 

But  either way, DAQmx or DAQmxbase, I can´t find this funtion panel ".pf " file. I only find a " .lib " file.

I need this ".fp" file to find the functions and initialize and control the DAQ.

Regards,

DANBKM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,559 Views)

And I am running Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,558 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DANBKM

The 6008 definitely can use DAQmx.

Regardless the chouce about the daqmx package to install, you must install it AFTER CVI has been installed, and in the installation process you must indicate to install support for that development environment.

After that, you should see daq function inside the Library menu (if the corresponding item is dimmed, go to Library >> Customize, mark the corresponding checkbox, press OK  and restart CVI to see the menu populated with data acquisition functions).

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,543 Views)
If you actually read somewhere that you should use base with CVI, you need to post a link. With such a basic device, it may not matter which driver you use but base does not support all functions.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,538 Views)

I found it in library.

Problem solved. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,524 Views)