LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CVI Source Code Browser

Whenever I clicked "Included headers" view for my
.c file, CVI IDE is frozen for a while and exits.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,098 Views)
Hello

Are you able to right click on a particular function and view its definition? It should take you to the header file ( or the C file, depending on how it was implemented). You might also want to try rebuilding the project again. Delete all the object files and the exe that was created when you last compiled and set each file to be compiled again. I have tried this with CVI 6 and 7 and it seems to be working fine. Make sure the "Generate source code browse information" check box is checked under the build options as well.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,098 Views)
We haven't seen this behavior before. What version of CVI are you using? Does CVI return any error messages before exiting? Does the freeze occur with another C file or with another project?

Thanks,
Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,098 Views)
Hello,
Sorry I left the following information in my
previous post.
1. I am using CVI 7.0 with Windows 2000.
2. CVI IDE did not close by itself when the freeze
occured. I killed it using the TaskManager.

But I am able to figure out when the problem
occurs.

It occurs when ever I include the cvi_db.h file in my
includes in the .c file. (I am using NI's SQL tool
kit 2.0)

If you are not able to recreate the problem, I can
send the project files to you.

Mano.S
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,098 Views)
you're right, Im seeing the same thing here with CVI 7. This just might be need a corrective action request. If you can send in an email to support by going here, this will help us keep track of the issue. You can put my name on the subject line.

Thanks

Bilal
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,098 Views)
Yes, I agree with Bilal. We might just have to create a bug report and investigate the cause of it. Thanks for reporting it!

Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,098 Views)