LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in UI browser

Hi

I have a new problem in an old workspace which i'm developing over years. When I right click a GUI constant name in the source code window + select "find UI object" I get a message "File not found". It doesn't say which file...

A quick search over known issues result in a work around which says: "Switch away from the User Interface Editor and then switch back". Well, it did not help 😞

I have a multiple projects in that workspace with some UI files, and they all have this problem.

Other workspaces in my computer are ok!

I'm using CVI 2012 SP1 under Windows 7 64 Pro.

Ramy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,194 Views)

Did this problem suddenly occur now, or has this always been a problem?  Are you sure that some of the GUI elements still exist as they have previously?  Looks to me like the 'File not found' points to the GUI objects being moved/deleted.  Either that or there is some file that lists all the elements and that has gone missing somehow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,144 Views)

Hi Dsun ,

I't is a new problem as I'm developing this project over years. Until couple of weeks the UI browser was able to locate objects. For now it is unable to locate any object in any UIR file! These objects must exist since I see them when I run the panel(s).

ramy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,136 Views)

Are you aware of any changes on your comptuer between when it worked and when it didn't?  Also, is this problem persistent on other development machines?  If there's a computer that it works on then maybe you can figure out what the difference is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,120 Views)

Hi Dsun,

It is an organization computer, so I have no idea if the system was updated or so ever...

Other machines with do not not have this problem. More than that, as I mentioned, I have other workspaces on my computer which do not have this problem!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(7,064 Views)

I've just found the same issue with CVI 2012 SP1.

The problem is related to some projects (the issue happens on several PCs).

Some other projects work perfectly, but a comparison of .prj files doesn't show any important difference.

Could you suggest a way to debug the issue, please?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,832 Views)

An additional info on this issue:

I've just tried with CVI 2015 SP1, and I get the same message "File not found" when I open a "buggy" project.

So there is something in the project which arises this issue in CVI.

How can I debug this?

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,824 Views)

I found the reason of the issue:

one of the .uir files listed in the project is not available anymore on the filesystem.

If I try to open it, I see the message "unable to open the file <filepath>".

When I select "Find UI object", I think the message "file not found" refers to the missing .uir (but no path is shown and this makes the investigation difficult).

Two suggestions/improvements (I'm going to add new ideas in the Idea Exchange):

• add the path of "file not found" to the error message popup
  • mark in some way (color, icon, ...) files listed in the project but not present on the filesystem. The check can be done when the user opens and closes the project.
Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
Message 8 of 9
(6,814 Views)

Here is the suggestion in Idea Exchange forum.

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,806 Views)