From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

:Probable false positive detection in driver files?

Downloaded the latest bundle of driver files from http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/driver_cd/2014_feb/dcd_Feb_14_1.exe, via both a manual download and then again via the ni downloader. Both times, a check on the checksum showed valid after the download, but after extracting and scanning the files, the first download had 12 files showing as detected by Comodo with the Heur.Corrupt.PE@4294967295; the 2nd download showed 57 detections of the same trojan. I want to be sure this is in fact a false positive. I uploaded a few of the files to Virus Total and saw that they had already been analyzed before mine, none showed detections. Also put the files up on Metascan, same results. So I am guessing this is a potential issue with the type of packer used? Can I get a confirmation , as we can't move forward without that. Also, my apologies if this isn't exactly the correct forum to post this issue. Point me in the right direction for next time if this is incorrect. Many thanks everyone
Val F.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,281 Views)

Hi SeaRaven,

I followed the path you mentioned to the driver files  and downloaded them without receiving the same virus warnings you are experiencing. I do not believe that this ftp site has virus material and that you are seeing a false positive. If you want to update the software on your computer specifically, you can also use NI Update Service to help point you to the correct updates for your specific system. If you don't have NI Update Service, the download is below:

NI Updtate Service 2.3 :http://www.ni.com/download/ni-update-service-2.3/2617/en/

Best regards,

Anna L

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,256 Views)