LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Bug - VAL_PANEL_GRAY

Is the color VAL_PANEL_GRAY intended to be the default gray color of a panel?

If so, VAL_PANEL_GRAY should be set to 0xECE9D8L (15526360 decimal) in userint.h. Currently the value of VAL_PANEL_GRAY is set to VAL_LT_GRAY (which is not the color of the panel).
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,456 Views)
VAL_PANEL_GRAY used to be the default color of the panel at one point.

Based on the options you might have selected, CVI will choose to use the colors currently configured by the operating system. There is a panel attribute called "Conform to System Colors" that basically lets CVI pick the panel and control colors for you and not allow you to change it ( you get a warning if you try to change the color in the UIR editor). The colors that CVI chooses are configured by right-clicking on the desktop, choosing Properties and clicking on the Appearence tab.

I noticed that the default color for my panel was 0xD4D0C8, slightly different than yours. This was because of the way my Windows colors are set.

You can actaully change the default panel colors by opening
a UIR, going to Options >> Preferences and then picking the color under the "Preferences for New Panels" section. If you click on the "More" button, you can pick the color based on the rgb value.

I hope this explains things.

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,456 Views)